by Katori Hall
August 22–September 8, 2019
Dusty Loo Bon Vivant Theater
Katori Hall paints a gripping re-imagination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s last night on earth, set in his room at the Lorraine Motel, as a mysterious stranger arrives with surprising news. This incisive play centers on the humanity of Dr. King—played by Theatreworks favorite, Calvin M. Thompson—in the shadow of his monumental legacy.
The Mountaintop won an Olivier Award for Best New Play in 2010 after performances in London's West End, and premiered on Broadway in 2011.
As every person is different, we do not usually offer age recommendations for our productions; however we will offer a content advisory and are always happy to talk with you if you have specific questions. Please email [email protected]
The Mountaintop content advisory: This production contains strong language, cigarette smoking, as well as discussion of violence and sexual attraction.
- Calvin M. ThompsonMartin Luther King, Jr.
- Marisa D. HebertCamae
- donnie l. bettsDirector
- Charles PackardScenic Designer
- Kathy PerkinsLighting Designer
- Linda MorkenCostume Designer
- El ArmstrongSound and Video Designer
- Steve BaglioProperties Manager
- Timothy J. MuldrewStage Manager
- Rihana PresidentAssistant Stage Manager